Thank you for your inquiry. Regarding your concern, you may upgrade you Samsung Vibrant phone to 2.2 Froyo software version using the listed steps below:
To download the update:
1. Download the most recent version of Kies Mini by visiting www.TinyURL.com/KiesMini
Note: Save the file to a desired location- Desktop recommended
2. Double-click the Kies Mini installation file.
Result: The program self extracts; without additional action required.
3. Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
4. Read the license agreement, enable the I accept check box, then click Next.
Result: Kies Mini begins the installation.
5. Click Finish.
From the Home screen:
1. Press the Menu key and tap Settings.
2. Tap Applications.
3. Tap USB Settings.
4. Tap Ask on connection.
5. Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
This causes the Vibrant to ask what type of connection the customer wants when connecting
the device to a PC, to ensure that the right type of connection is in use for the update.
CAUTION: Before updating the device, it is important to back up all of your data,
including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
To upgrade the device:
1. Open the Kies Mini application on the PC.If Mini Kies prompts for an update to its software
and/or to the Windows Media 11 codec, install that first.
2. Insert the USB data cable into the phone and then into an available port on the computer.
Note: If the Vibrant was recently rebooted, allow the device to finish Media Scanning
before attempting to connect the device to the PC.
3. Select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt.
Result: The PC recognizes several devices. This is normal and may take a few minutes.
Then, Kies Mini should indicate that a software update is available.
4. Click Phone Upgrade
5. Read the Caution statements,enable the checkbox for I have read and understood…then click Upgrade.
Result: Kies Mini contact the server and downloads the upgrade. Depending on the
customer’s network conditions and connection speed, this could take several minutes.
CAUTION:DO NOT unplug or reboot until the update is complete.
The phone’s screen may change state or appear to reboot during the
process. Unplugging or rebooting the PC can permanently damage the
6. Click Ok to finish the update. Wait until the phone is finished rebooting and the Android
home screen displays before disconnecting the device.
NOTE:Mac support is currently under development.
Kies Mini is a Windows-based application. At this time, to upgrade successfully, customers must tether their phones to a Windows PC to download the upgrade.
To check the current software version:
1. Go to the Dialer.
2. Type in *#9999#.
Should you need further assistance, please call Samsung Support Hotline at your earliest convenience, please call Samsung Customer Support by phone at our toll free number 1-888-987-4357, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Central Standard Time.
Tip: Just in case you need to contact us about your phone issue, we highly advise you to use a different handset, so that we could walk you through checking the phone while on a call.
We thank you for your patronage of Samsung products. Have a good day.
answered 3 years, 7 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.