Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that you would like to know how to register your phone on our site that you did not buy from a store.
If the phone is manufactured here in the U.S., you may register it by following the steps provided below:
Samsung recommends using “Internet Explorer” for this process, as other browsers can encounter difficulties with serial number acceptance and other box field to fill up. You may follow the steps below to register your product on our website:
1. Go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/register/product
2. Enter the model number of your phone on the "Enter Model Number or Model Name" field.
Note: The model code can be found at the back of the phone underneath the battery.
3. The "Log In to My Samsung” page would then appear. For non-existing Samsung account click on “Create a Samsung Account”. Fill out the necessary fields on the boxes and then click on Submit. For existing Samsung account, enter the registered Email account and password.
4. You will be prompted to enter the HEX/ IMEI number and this is will be the serial numbers. You can get the IMEI/HEX number underneath the battery and this number is always on the bar codes on the back of the phone. When entering your HEX/ IMEI, please do not include slashes or spaces. Additionally, there are no alpha O’s – those characters are zeroes.
IMEI- The IMEI is the numeric code that is 15 characters long. (For AT&T, T-Mobile, and GSM TracFone, Net10, and StraightTalk handsets, as well as generic GSM handsets)
HEX- The Hexidecimal ESN is the alphanumeric code that is 8 - 14 characters in length. (For Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Cricket, Clear, Helio, Jitterbug, MetroPCS, Qwest, Trumpet, US Cellular, Virgin Mobile, and CDMA TracFone, Net10, and StraightTalk handsets, as well as generic CDMA handsets)
Note: After filling the box with the HEX/IMEI number, do not press any key on the keyboard and wait for the website for a minute or two to accept the HEX/IMEI. Once it's been accepted, below the HEX/IMEI box field the manufactured date will be then displayed.
5. Fill out the other box fields and then click on "SUBMIT". The product should then be displayed on the "My Account" page once successfully registered.
If the phone is not a Samsung U.S. phone, there is no configurable options to register it on our website.
We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.
answered 1 year, 8 months ago
1out of 1found this answer helpful.