This phone offers the convenience of a slideout QWERTY keyboard. Using the QWERTY keyboard, you can type letters, numbers, punctuation, and other special characters into text entry fields or other applications simpler and faster than using the telephone keypad.
The following keys perform special functions when entering text:
1. OK (Select) key allows you to accept the choices offered when navigating through a menu.
2. Left Soft Key - allows you to select soft key actions or menu items corresponding to the bottom left line on the display screen.
3. Sym - displays the Symbols page. Choose from an extensive list of symbols and other character sets. Press Alt-Sym to access Symbols.
Shift - converts the alphabetic character into uppercase. Changes the text input mode to Upper/Lower case mode.
4. Alt - allows you to use characters displayed at the top of the QWERTY keys. Examples: $, @, #, !
5. Space - inserts an empty space.
6. Enter - Moves the insertion point to the next line in a message.
7. Right Soft key - allows you to select soft key actions or menu items corresponding to the bottom right line on the display screen. It also provides quick access to your Phonebook.
8. Backspace - deletes the previous character, similar to the backspace key on a computer keyboard.
You can also use the Symbol mode as it enables you to insert symbols and punctuation marks into text. To display a list of symbols press the # key until the symbols display on the screen, or press the Right soft key and select Symbol.
1. To select a symbol, press the corresponding number key.
2. To display more symbols, press the Navigation keys.
3. To clear the symbol(s), press the key. When the input field is empty, this key returns the display to the previous mode.
4. To insert the symbol(s) into your message, press the OK soft key or the OK key.
Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
answered 3 years, 2 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.