Thank you for your inquiry.
The SGH-A877 (Impression) handset features three different methods to transfer pictures from the phone to a computer using a USB cable. Make sure that you are using a Genuine Samsung USB cable with the Product ID: APCBS10UBEBSTD.
-Via New Samsung PC Studio
-Via Windows Explorer
-Via Memory Card
Please Note: The SGH-A877 (Impression) phone includes support for Digital Rights Management (DRM) which allows you to play or view some purchased or subscription content. These copyright protections may prevent some images, videos, music (including ringtones) and other content from being copied, modified, transferred or forwarded.
Via the New Samsung PC Studio
1. From the standby screen, insure that the USB mode setting is set to either PC Studio or Ask on Connection
*For instructions on changing the USB mode setting:
-From the standby screen, press Menu
-Press Select USB Mode
-Press Samsung PC Studio
-Press Save to keep the USB Mode setting
2. Connect the USB cable to both the phone's Power/Accessory Interface connector & the computer's USB slot.
3. When successfully connected, the phone will show the connected icon on the top of the display.
4. If prompted, select the PC Studio USB setting.
5. The New Samsung PC Studio program will automatically appear on the computer.
6. Click on the SGH-A877 icon, located in the top right corner, to open a box showing the handset's internal memory.
7. Double click on the Pictures or Videos folder (Internal Memory).
8. Click on the My Computer icon, located in the upper left corner, to open a box showing the computer's internal memory.
9. Navigate to the computer's picture or video location or destination.
10. Drag and drop or copy (or Cut) and paste the pictures or videos between the My Computer box and the SGH-A877 box or vice versa.
Via Windows Explorer (Mass Storage)
1. From the standby screen, insure that the USB mode setting is set to either Mass Storage or Ask on Connection.
2. When successfully connected, the phone will show the connected icon on the top of the display.
3. If prompted, select the Mass Storage USB setting.
4. If prompted, click "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer" on the new Removable Disk screen or open Windows Explorer manually.
5. Navigate to the picture/video file location on the memory card or computer.
6. Drag and drop or copy and paste the picture/video file into the desired destination on the computer or the Pictures or Videos folders on the handset
Via Memory Card
To transfer pictures (via a memory card) to a computer requires a microSD Memory Card, Memory Card Adaptor & Memory Card Reader. The microSD memory card must first be formatted, by the phone, in order for the phone to create the destination folders. Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB.
Note: This phone will support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card. However, for optimal performance Samsung recommends using a card no larger than 2GB.
1. Insert the formatted microSD memory card into the memory card slot, located on the right side under the battery cover.
2. When correctly inserted, the memory card icon is displayed.
3. From the standby screen, press Menu.
4. Press My Stuff.
5. Press Pictures or Videos to view the contents.
6. Press Manage.
7. Press either Move or Copy.
8. Press each image to check their box or press All to check All boxes.
9. Press either Move or Copy.
10. Press Memory Card.
11. Press Paste Here to Move or Copy the Photo(s)/Video(s) to the microSD memory card.
12. Remove the microSD memory card from the memory card slot.
13. Insert the microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor.
14. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader.
15. Insert the memory card reader into the USB slot on the computer.
16. Navigate to the desired Photo/Video destination location, using Windows Explorer, and then paste the Photo(s)/Video(s) into the destination on the computer.
We thank you for your patronage of Samsung products.
answered 3 years, 6 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.