Thank you for your inquiry.
Are you referring transferring contacts saved on the SGH-A597 handset to the computer?
For you to connect the SGH-A597 handset to the computer and transfer contacts, it would require you to have the memory card inside the phone and a compatible data cable. You also need to download on your computer the driver for the SGH-A597 handset, which is the Samsung New PC Studio.
For you to download the Samsung New PC Studio on your computer:
1. Deactivate the antivirus and firewall on your computer.
2. Open the web browser and then log on to this link:
3. Click on the software tab and then download the compatible driver for the type of OS on your computer.
4. Save the driver on your desktop.
5. Once download is complete, double click on the EXE file and click on Run.
6. Follow the procedure to install it.
For you to connect the SGH-A597 handset to the computer and transfer music files, please follow the steps below:
1. From the standby screen, insure that the USB mode setting is set to either PC Studio or Ask on Connection.
Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Select USB Mode > Ask on Connection or Samsung PC Studio > Save
2. Connect the USB cable to both the phone's Headset jack/Adapter jack & the PC's USB slot.
• When successfully connected, the phone will show the connected icon on the top of the display
3. If prompted, select the PC Studio USB setting.
4. The New Samsung PC Studio program will automatically appear on the PC.
5. Click on the SGH-A597 icon, located in the upper right corner, to open a box showing the handset's internal memory.
6. Using Communicator application, transfer contacts from the phone to the computer with the use of outlook.
We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.
answered 2 years, 10 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.