Thanks for your question!
Regarding your concern, if you are going to transfer pictures, you may do mass storage so you could transfer them to the computer. For you to connect the phone to the computer, it would require you to have the memory card inside the phone and a data cable that is part of your standard box contents.
If the microSD memory card came from another phone and you could not saved any files on it. Try to format the microSD memory card using your phone so that the phone will recognize the microSD memory card inserted in it.
To format a memory card:
1. Insert a microSD memory card into the memory card slot, located under the battery cover.
2. From the standby screen, press the right soft key for Menu.
3. Select My Stuff.
4. Select Memory Card.
5. Press the Left Soft key for Options.
6. Select Memory Card Settings.
7. Choose Format Memory card.
Note: This action will erase the SD card in the phone. You will lose all data on the card.
To copy pictures from your phone to microSD memory card:
1. From the standby screen, press the right soft key for Menu.
2. Select My Stuff.
3. Select Pictures, and then My Photos.
4. Highlight the Pictures folder, using the navigation keys, and then press the AT&T logo key to view the contents.
5. Highlight the desired Photo, using the navigation keys.
6. Press the left soft key for Options.
7. Select either Move or Copy.
8. Select either Selected or Multiple.
For Multiple Images, highlight each Photo, using the navigation keys.
Press the AT&T logo key to check each Photo’s box.
Press the left soft key for either Move or Copy.
9. Highlight Memory Card, using the navigation keys, and then press the left soft key for Select.
10. Highlight the Pictures folder, using the navigation keys.
11. Press the left soft key for Options.
12. Select Open.
13. Press the left soft key for Options.
14. Select Paste or Move Here to Move or Copy the Photo(s) to the microSD memory card.
To transfer pictures saved on the microSD memory card to your computer:
1. Remove the microSD memory card from the memory card slot.
2. Insert the microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor.
3. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader.
4. Insert the memory card reader into the USB slot on the PC.
5. Navigate to the Photo location, inside the my_pix folder, using Windows Explorer.
6. Drag and drop or copy & paste the Photo or Video into the desired destination on the PC.
Note: To transfer pictures or videos from a PC simply paste them into the my_pix folder on the memory card.
If you need additional assistance or information, please just write us again on this forum or you can also try calling Samsung Customer Support at our toll free number 1-888-987-4357 between the hours 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, CST. From there, a representative can assist you further!
You can also chat live with a support agent by following the link below and clicking on Mobile Phones under Live Chat Support, or feel free to ask us on Twitter @GalaxySsupport or @samsungservice for speedy responses in the U.S.
Chat Support: http://goo.gl/ZALJm
We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as your comments are vital for us to continue improving our products, as well as our business.
Thanks and have a great day!
answered 2 years, 3 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
Save pictures, videos, files, etc to memory stick, connect phone to computer via USB cable (connect as Mass Storage) and then transfer via Windows just like a USB flash drive
answered 1 year, 2 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.