The SCH-U820 (Reality) handset has three different methods to transfer pictures from the handset to a computer.
The steps for each are detailed below:
Note: Steps for transferring pictures may vary depending on your PC's operating system.
Please Note: The SCH-U820 (Reality) handset includes support for Digital Rights Management (DRM) which allows you to play or view some purchased or subscription content. These copyright protections may prevent some images, videos, music (including ringtones) and other content from being played, copied, modified, transferred or forwarded.
>Via Memory Card
Important! The plug-in microSD memory card and its contents can be easily damaged by scratches or bending. Use caution when inserting or removing the card and keep all memory cards out of reach of children.
To transfer pictures (via a memory card) to a PC requires a microSD Memory Card, Memory Card Adaptor & Memory Card Reader. The microSD memory card MUST first be formatted, by the handset, in order for the handset to create the destination folders.
Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB. This phone does support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card.
WARNING: Formatting the microSD Memory Card will permanently erase all data
Note: Locked pictures cannot be moved to a memory card
To transfer pictures (via a memory card), from the SCH-U820 (Reality) handset, to a PC follow the steps below:
1. Insert the formatted microSD memory card into the memory card slot
2. From the standby screen, press Menu
3. Press Settings & Tools
4. Scroll down then press Memory (9)
5. Press Phone Memory (2)
6. Press either My Pictures (2) or My Videos (3)
7. Press Move
8. Press each desired Photo or Video to check their box
9. Press Done
10. Press Yes to Move the Photo(s) or Video(s) to the microSD memory card
11. Remove the microSD memory card from the memory card slot
12. Insert the microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor
13. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader
14. Insert the memory card reader into the USB slot on the PC
15. Navigate to the Photo location, inside the my_pix (or my_flix) folder, using Windows Explorer
16. Drag and drop or copy & paste the Photo or Video into the desired destination on the PC
Note: To transfer pictures or videos from a PC simply paste them into the my_pix or my_flix folder on the memory card
To send a picture to an e-mail address follows the steps below:
1. From the home screen, press Message
2. Press New Message (1)
3. Press Picture Message (2)
4. To the right of 1 enter the recipients e-mail address
5. Press on each recipient to check their box(es) then press Done
6. Press the Text box then enter the Message text (up to 1000 characters)
7. Press the Picture box then press the desired picture to enlarge it
8. Press to Add the Picture to the Message or press Camera to take a new photo
9. Press the Sound box then press the desired Sound or press Record New to add a new recording
10. Press the Subject box then enter the Subject text (up to 80 characters)
11. Press the Name Card box then press to add My Name Card or a Contact
12. Press Send to forward the Picture Message to the recipient(s)
Note: Picture & Video Messages are only available within the Verizon Wireless Enhanced Services Area
Tip: You can send a Picture Message to up to 10 recipients
Note: To send a message to a group the group must first be added to the favorites
To use the USB Mass Storage feature follow the steps below:
NOTE: Make sure that you have inserted a formatted SD card.
1. Connect the USB data cable to both the PC and handset
2. From the home screen, press Menu
3. Press Settings & Tools
4. Press Tools (2)
5. Scroll down then press USB Mass Storage (0)
6. The display will now show "Connected to the PC..." Calls Disabled"
7. The PC will now show a new removable disk in Windows Explorer
8. Select the desired action (such as Open folder to view/copy files) and click OK
9. After copying selected files from the PC to the microSD card, inserted in the phone, touch DISCONNECT on the phone to restore phone service then touch Yes to confirm
Thank you for choosing Samsung.
answered 3 years, 9 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.