Thank you for your inquiry.
Apparently, Samsung does not offer a Data Kit package for transferring information between the Samsung Convoy™ Cell Phone (SCH-U640) and a computer.
If you are going to transfer media files, you may do mass storage so you could transfer them to the computer. For you to connect the phone to the computer, it would require you to have the memory card inside the phone and a compatible USB data cable, once you already have the requirements, and then do the following:
If the microSD memory card came from another phone and you could not saved any files on it. Try to format the microSD memory card using your phone so that the phone will recognize the microSD memory card inserted in it.
To format a microSD memory card follow the steps below:
1. From the standby screen, press OK for Menu.
2. Highlight Settings & Tools.
3. Select Memory.
4. Select Card Memory.
5. Press the right soft key for Options.
6. Select Format Card.
7. Highlight Yes, using the navigation keys.
8. Press OK to confirm formatting the microSD memory card.
Note: Formatting the microSD memory card will delete all information saved on your memory card. I will suggest backing up first your files saved on the microSD memory card.
To transfer files, using the Mass Storage option, follow the steps below:
1. Insert a formatted memory card into the memory card slot.
2. From the standby screen, press the OK key for Menu.
3. Select Settings & Tools.
4. Select Tools.
5. Connect the USB cable to both the phone's Power/Accessory Interface connector & the PC's USB slot.
6. Select USB Mass Storage.
7. When successfully connected, the phone will show Connected to the PC... and Call Disabled on the display.
8. If prompted, click "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer" on the new Removable Disk screen or open Windows Explorer manually.
9. Navigate to the location of the files on the PC.
10. Drag n Drop or copy & paste the file(s) into the phone's My_Pix or My-Flix folder.
Should you desire additional assistance resolving this, we invite you to call Samsung Customer Support by phone at our toll free number 1-888-987-4357, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Central Standard Time.
We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.
answered 2 years, 10 months ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.