Battery life durations specified on our products are tested in our labs under multiple different conditions and the talk and standby times are a realistic average maximum dependent on customer usage variables.
Battery power consumption depends on a number of factors, such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
Some variables that may affect battery life are:
• Backlight settings set to always on or a long amount of time
• Ring tone settings set to higher volume settings
• Vibrate settings turned on
• Using Internet Services including Text Messaging
• Making and/or Receiving calls in, or simply standing by in, an analog service area
• If you tend to be in a "weak" coverage area where your signal strength meter shows only 1 to 2 bars
• Using non-SAMSUNG charging accessories can cause battery life and other issues, as well as void the manufacturer’s limited warranty.
If the battery is not holding a charge it may mean that it is not charging properly. Make certain that the charger cable is properly plugged in. It is also possible that the battery may be damaged. If you suspect that it may be, or should this issue continue to occur, please feel free to call us here at Samsung Technical Support at 1-888-987-4357.
answered 3 years ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.