There are several factors that can effect the ability of an icemaker to produce ice, including water supply, freezer and refrigerator temperatures, and control panel functions. Please check the following to try to resolve the issue:
- Is the water connected, the valve turned on and hoses unkinked and free of obstruction?
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi? Under normal conditions, a 5.75 oz. glass can be filled in about 10 seconds.
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the icemaker turned on? Make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display.
- Is the feeler arm under the icemaker stuck in the "up" position, which would signal to the icemaker that the bucket is full and to stop making ice.
- Is the control panel locked, preventing the dispenser from operating on some models?
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you bleed the air from the lines by dispensing 5-6 gallons of water from the dispenser since installing or replacing the filter?
- Did you press the Test button on the icemaker to reset it?
If none of the above suggestions helps to resolve the issue, and the ice tray does not fill with water, try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button on the icemaker again. If the tray fills without a filter installed, then the cartridge is likely clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced. The filter should be replaced about every 6 months based on average usage, but it could become clogged sooner if there are a lot of impurities in the water supply.
Regarding the water temperature, the water from the dispenser should be cool, but not ice cold. If the water is not cool, you may have used up the water in the refrigerator's reservoir, which holds about two liters of water. I would suggest waiting 24 hours before dispensing water. If it still isn't cold, then your refrigerator may require service.
If, after checking each of the above suggestions, the icemaker and water dispenser do not appear to be functioning properly , please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
answered 3 years, 3 months ago