I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your icemaker. Setting the temperature display to "OF" means you're activating the demo, or "cooling off", mode, which deactivates the compressor. Doing this would prevent the refrigerator and freezer from cooling so is not the right thing to do if you're trying to get the icemaker to work. This mode is usually used for store display purposes and is not intended for in-home use.
If there is air in the water lines or if the water filter is partially clogged, it's possible that the water dispenser can work but the icemaker doesn't get the water it needs. Similarly, if the tray fills with water but the freezer isn't cold enough, it won't be able to produce ice. Please check the following troubleshooting tips:
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi? Under normal conditions, a 5.75 oz. glass can be filled in about 10 seconds.
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the icemaker turned on? Make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display.
- Is the feeler arm under the icemaker stuck in the "up" position, which would signal to the icemaker that the bucket is full and to stop making ice.
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you bleed the air from the lines by dispensing 5-6 gallons of water from the dispenser since installing or replacing the filter?
If none of the above suggestions helps to resolve the issue, and the ice tray does not fill with water, try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button on the icemaker again. If the tray fills without a filter installed, then the cartridge is likely clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced. The filter should be replaced about every 6 months based on average usage, but it could become clogged sooner if there are a lot of impurities in the water supply.
If, after checking each of these suggestions, the icemaker still isn't functioning properly, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
answered 1 year, 11 months ago