I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues with your water and ice dispenser. There are several factors which could contribute to the problems you describe. I would suggest you visit the link below to open the Troubleshooting Guide for the RS261MDBP. Once the Guide is open, select Water And Ice, then navigate through the articles which address water flow and ice production.
RS261MDBP Troubleshooting Guide: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...
The first items I would suggest you check include:
- Is your water pressure at the recommended level? In order for the ice maker to operate properly, a water pressure of 20~125 psi (pound per square inch) is required. Under normal conditions, a 170 cc (5.75 oz.) cup can be filled in 10 seconds.
- Is the water valve turned on all the way?
- Is the water filter installed correctly?
- Does removing the water filter allow water to flow faster? If this is the case, your water filter may be clogged and should be replaced.
- Is the icemaker turned on?
- Are the refrigerator and freezer temperatures at the recommended settings, 38°F and -2°F, respectively?
- Have you tried pressing the icemaker reset button?
The Troubleshooting Guide will help you with instructions to perform the above procedures and more. If the ice and water still won't operate properly after trying all of the suggestions in the Guide, then your refrigerator may require service. Please follow the links in the Guide to arrange for service if it is necessary.
answered 2 years, 8 months ago