I'm sorry to hear your RS2530BBP has stopped making ice. There are a number of factors that can effect the ability of the icemaker to produce ice, and a clogged filter is certainly one of them. Please check each of the following factors:
- Did you try pressing the Test button on the side of the icemaker to reset it? This should cause the tray to rotate to dump ice then fill with water.
- Is the icemaker turned on (make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the control panel)?
- Is the feeler arm that hangs down from the icemaker stuck in the "Up" position? If so, try lowering it. If it will not move when you try gently to move it, it may require service.
- Is your water pressure at the recommended level? In order for the ice maker to operate properly, water pressure of 20~125 psi (pound per square inch) is required. A 6 ounce glass of water should fill in about 10 seconds at this pressure.
- Is the water valve turned on all the way?
- Are there any bends or kinks in the water line that could be obstructing water flow?
- Are the freezer and refrigerator temperatures set at 3 bars? If the freezer is too warm, it may not be conducive to freezing the ice. If the fridge is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the water filter installed correctly?
- Did you bleed air from the lines after installing or replacing the water filter by dispensing 5-6 gallons of water?
- Try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button. If the tray fills, your filter was probably clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced. Be sure to dispenser 5-6 gallons again after replacing it.
If, after checking the above and pressing the Test button, the tray still won't fill, or it fills, freezes, but will not harvest, your RS2530 may require service. To initiate service through Samsung, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who will be happy to assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
- Ms. Samsung
answered 2 years, 6 months ago