Thanks for the question. Please check to see if there is ice in the bucket, then reinsert the bucket all the way, making sure it locks in place. Select an Ice Type on the control panel and press the dispenser lever for a few seconds to give the auger a chance to move the ice forward in the bucket and into the ice chute.
If there is no ice, please check the following:
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi? Under normal conditions, a 5.75 oz. glass can be filled in about 10 seconds.
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the icemaker turned on? Make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display.
- Is the feeler arm under the icemaker stuck in the "up" position, which would signal to the icemaker that the bucket is full and to stop making ice.
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you bleed the air from the lines by dispensing 5-6 gallons of water from the dispenser since installing or replacing the filter?
- Did you press the Test button on the icemaker to reset it?
If none of the above suggestions helps to resolve the issue, and the ice tray does not fill with water, try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button on the icemaker again. If the tray fills without a filter installed, then the cartridge is likely clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced. The filter should be replaced about every 6 months based on average usage, but it could become clogged sooner if there are a lot of impurities in the water supply.
If there is ice in the bucket but it won't dispense, you can try the troubleshooting procedure through this link to make sure the opening to the chute is not clogged with ice or stuck in the closed position: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...
If these suggestions don't help to resolve the issue, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
- Ms. Samsung
answered 2 years, 4 months ago