There are several factors, besides the availability of water, that can effect the ability of an icemaker to produce ice. Please check the following to try to resolve the issue:
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi? Under normal conditions, a 5.75 oz. glass can be filled in about 10 seconds.
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the icemaker turned on? Make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display.
- Is the feeler arm under the icemaker stuck in the "up" position, which would signal to the icemaker that the bucket is full and to stop making ice.
- Is the control panel locked, which would prevent the dispenser from operating?
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you bleed the air from the lines by dispensing 5-6 gallons of water from the dispenser since installing or replacing the filter?
- Did you press the Test button on the icemaker to reset it?
If, after checking each of these suggestions, the icemaker still isn't functioning properly, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
answered 2 years, 9 months ago