Thank you for the question. If you had turned the icemaker off by pressing the Ice Off button, then you can turn the icemaker back on by pressing the Ice Off button again.
If the icemaker still isn't producing ice, check the following:
- Is the Child Lock engaged? The control panel and dispenser will not work is the Child Lock is on.
- Is the icebucket pushed in all the way?
- Did you select an ice type or water function before trying to dispense?
- Did you press the Test/Reset button on the icemaker?
If the ice tray is not filling with water please check the following:
- Is the water connected, the valve turned on and hoses unkinked and free of obstruction?
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi? Under normal conditions, a 6 oz glass can be filled in about 10 seconds.
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you bleed the air from the lines by dispensing 6 gallons of water from the dispenser since installing or replacing the filter?
- If all of the above options do not resolve the issue, and the ice tray does not fill with water, try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button on the icemaker again. If the tray fills without a filter installed, then the cartridge is likely clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced.
If, after checking each of these suggestions, the icemaker still isn't functioning properly, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
- Ms. Samsung
answered 2 years, 11 months ago