I'm sorry to hear the icemaker does not appear to be working in your RF263AEBP. There are several factors that can effect the ability of an icemaker to produce ice, including water supply, freezer and refrigerator temperatures, and control panel functions. Please check the following to try to resolve the issue:
- Is the water connected, the valve turned on and hoses unkinked and free of obstruction?
- Is your home's water pressure between 20~125 psi?
- Is the refrigerator set at the recommended 38°F? If the refrigerator is too cold, the water lines could freeze.
- Is the freezer temperature cold enough? Samsung recommends setting the freezer at -2°F.
- Is the icemaker turned off? The icemaker can be turned on or off by pressing the Ice Off button on the control panel. Make sure the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display.
- Is the feeler arm under the icemaker stuck in the "up" position, which would signal to the icemaker that the bucket is full and to stop making ice.
- Is the water filter installed properly and locked in place?
- Did you press the Test button on the bottom of the icemaker which should cause the tray to rotate then fill with water? It may be necessary to press it more than once when the water is first connected or when the filter is changed in order to bleed air from the lines.
If none of the above suggestions helps to resolve the issue, and the ice tray does not fill with water, try removing the water filter temporarily and press the test button on the icemaker again. If the tray fills without a filter installed, then the cartridge is likely clogged or partially clogged and should be replaced.
If, after checking each of these suggestions, the icemaker still isn't functioning properly, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who can assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
answered 1 year, 11 months ago