I’m sorry to hear your DV210AEW is not drying your clothes. There are a number of factors that can interfere with the dryer's ability to function properly, and it would be helpful to have more information about what you're experiencing in order to help troubleshoot. Following are some of the most common causes of dryer issues and tips for correcting them:
- Make sure the dryness level on your DV210 is set on Normal or More Dry.
- If you're drying a mixed load, it may be helpful to select the Mixed Load Bell or use a Time Dry setting instead of Sensor Dry because the heavier weight items may have a tendency to move to the back of the drum, causing the sensors to detect only the dryer items in the front.
- Check the lint trap and vent ducts for blockage since restricted air flow is one of the most common causes of the dryer turning off prematurely or running for an excessive period of time. It is recommended that you clean your vent ducts yearly, so if you haven't done so in the past 13 months you've had the dryer, this may very well be the cause of it not working properly.
- Try cycling the power to the dryer by unplugging/replugging or turning the circuit breaker off then on again.
- For additional troubleshooting tips, click on the following link then select "Troubleshooting > Cycles And Settings": http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...
If none of these suggestions helps to resolve the issue, please submit an online service request through the link below, or call 800-SAMSUNG to speak with an agent who will be happy to assist you.
Online service request form: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...
answered 1 year, 6 months ago